MDM ZEUS is a system which enables communication with meters connected to the grid and collection as well as management of measurement data acquired from meters. Communication with smart meters operates in both directions, which gives many parameterization and remote control of devices opportunities as well as rapid acquisition and analysis of incoming data.
Ongoing communication with meters enables analysis of the grid status, as well as events logging and service alerting in case of failure.
THE MAIN TASKS OF READING BASE ARE:
- Providing updated readout data – precise determination of consumption and demand for energy – optimization of the contracts;
- Balancing of the energy consumption for the purpose of detecting abnormal usage, including theft and technical losses;
- Monitoring the meters’ state – meters’ alarm states signaling and immediate reporting about it to the relevant maintenance services;
- Remote connecting / disconnecting of the meters;
- Remote parameterization of the meters (eg: tariff change, switching prepaid-postpaid settlement, change of accounting period);
- Prepayment functions in communication with the billing system management;
- Aggregation of readout data;
- Transferring of the data to the billing system;
- Exposing data on the balancing market.
MOST OF CALCULATIONS AND ANALYSIS CARRIED OUT IN MDM ZEUS ARE BASED ON 15-MINUTES’ POWER PROFILE – THAT DATA MAY BE A BASIS FOR CONDUCTING OPTIMIZATION PROCESS OF THE CONSUMPTION AND PURCHASE OF ELECTRIC ENERGY BY COMPANY.